Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 60 minutes
Servings Fills an 8x8 baking dish, divide as seen fit
- 2 ½ cups Gluten Free rolled oats (pulsed / ground in food processor)
- 2 cups GF rolled oats whole (or puffed quinoa)
- ½ Pitted Dates (soaked)
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (canned is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Tahini
- ½ cup nut butter of choice
- ¼ to ½ cup chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- 2 tablespoons Beet Whole Food Crystals (add more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Raspberry Whole Food Crystals (add more to taste)
- Additional add-ins for fun - raisins, chopped almonds, etc.
- Pulse soft dates in food processor until thick paste consistency is achieved.
- Mix dates and all remaining ingredients, except whole food crystals in medium bowl.
- In small bowl mix crystals and 2 tablespoons of water and stir with a whisk. Add water if thick puree is not achieved. Do not overdo it over it will be too much liquid in the bars.
- Mix in crystal puree into the medium bowl with the rest of the bar ingredients.
- Repeat steps as necessary to achieve desired taste.
- Be weary of bar consistency. If it becomes too soft, do not mix crystals with water and simply add them right to the bowl!
- Smooth mixture out into a 8x8 dish.
- Freeze in pan for 1 hour to allow bars to set.
- Remove from pan and slice into desired bar shape.
- Place in freezer safe container.
- Store in freezer for prolonged shelf-life.