Keyword Vegan, kale, garlic, hummus, snack
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 tablespoons Kale Whole Food Crystals (More or less as desired!)
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (drained)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra reserved for garlic head)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste (start with ½ teaspoon)
- I like spice so I added a dash of chili flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Remove excess layers from garlic head and slice the top off the garlic, allow for the cloves to be exposed.
- Sprinkle salt and olive oil over garlic cloves.
- Place in a dish or on a cookie sheet and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Once garlic is roasted, remove cloves and place in blender.
- Add all ingredients, except for Kale and blend until a smooth consistency forms. Ensure that texture is appropriate for desired taste by adding more lemon, olive oil, or water.
- Add Kale in 1 tablespoons at a time, blending and tasting in between to ensure desired flavor is achieved.
- Serve with your favorite crackers!
- May be stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
adapted from this recipe