Ready in 60 min
Makes one 8x8 pan
Ingredients for crust:
- 3 tablespoon Miso Crystals, about 0.2 oz
- 12 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax + 2 tablespoons rice water
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Pinch of pink salt
- 3 cups flour blend of choice
These make a perfect snack, a dessert, a tea crumpet. Whatever you need, this is it!
Ingredients for filling:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 oz Apple Crystals
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon each: ginger, cardamom, cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Miso Crystals
Ingredients for topping:
- ½ cup almonds (soaked & dehydrated)
- Take all crust ingredients except the flour, and mix well.
- Add flour and make dough.
- Reserve ⅓ of it. Spread the ⅔ in an 8x8 pan and put both the pan and the reserved ⅓ in the fridge for 25 minutes.
- Bake the pan at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- In a pan on the stovetop, mix together all the filling ingredients, adding the miso and apple crystals as last ingredients.
- Spread the filling onto crust.
- Chop ½ cup of almonds and mix the reserved ⅓ dough.
- Crumble the dough on top of the filling mixture.
- Bake 20 more minutes at 325°F.