Ready in 20 min + overnight fridge time
Makes 8 shallow crème brûlée ramekins
- 42g Aronia Berry Crystals (about ½ cup)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- Pinch of pink salt
- ⅓ more coconut sugar for top layer
Dessert doesn’t have to be complicated or loaded with ingredients you are trying to avoid. Like most of our recipes, this is quick, easy, and delicious!
- In a large pot mix sugar, pink salt and cornstarch.
- Turn on the stove and add coconut milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Don’t stop stirring.
- After the mixture starts to boil, remove from heat and stir for another minute.
- Mix in Aronia Berry Crystals and butter. Stir well.
- Pour into ramekins and cool.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Meanwhile, spread the remaining coconut sugar on a sheet and dry in the oven for 20 min on 200°F.
- Let the sugar cool and powder it.
- When ready, spread powdered coconut sugar on top of the creme, and torch it. Repeat twice more.
- Eat now!
* If you don’t have a torch, you can use regular cane sugar and make a caramel sauce that you can then pour over the creme!