Ready in 25 min
Makes 3.5 oz candy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 28g Miso Crystals (~ 1 oz)
- Pour maple syrup to a pan, heat up and lower the stove temperature to a minimum. Let bubble for 5 minutes.
- Add butter. Give it a quick stir.
- Turn the heat off and let cool for a couple minutes.
- Add miso and stir everything together into a paste.
- Quickly fill candy molds.*
- Let cool and try to share with someone else.
* Alternatively to candy or even chocolate molds, you can roll the paste into desired shapes with your hands. Careful, it might be hot!
** A variation on this recipe is caramel sauce: instead of heating the maple syrup for 5 minutes, gently warm it up along with butter, add miso and stir everything together. Use on scones, toast or ice cream.