- 170g Strawberry Crystals (~ 6 oz)
- 170g Apple Crystals (~ 6 oz)
- 2.5 cups oat flour
- 1.5 cups cassava flour
- 2 cups kefir
- 1 cup + 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup + ½ cups nut mylk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups mixed nuts: cashews, almonds, macadamia; soaked*
- 2 oz coconut butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Powder 1 cup coconut sugar.
- Mix 2.5 cups oat flour with 1.5 cups cassava flour, powdered sugar and 2 cups of kefir. Ferment overnight.
- Next day, mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into 1 cup of nut mylk and stir.
- Add to fermented batter: 1 tablespoon baking soda, 2 tablespoons baking powder and a dash of salt. Mix well.
- Take ½ cup of Apple Crystals and mix with ½ cup of water. Stir together to make applesauce. Add to batter.
- Add mylk with apple cider vinegar. Mix everything together. The batter should be pancake-consistency.
- Bake 4 separate layers at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes each.
- To a high-speed blender add: 2 cups-soaked nuts, 4 tablespoons coconut sugar, 2 oz coconut butter, juice of 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, ½ cup of nut mylk, ½ cup Strawberry Crystals & 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Blend until smooth. You might have to stop and scrape a few times.
Put the cake together: cake layer, then cream frosting layer. In the fridge overnight. Decorate with berries! Kid approved!
* Soak nuts in salt water overnight. Take skins off almonds.