Ready in 15 minutes
- 1 cup soaked & dehydrated pine nuts, divided in half
- 1 cup kale crystals
- 1.5 oz young garlic shoots
- Juice from ½ lemon - about 1 tablespoon
- ½ cup olive oil
- Celtic salt*
- Crushed black pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional flakes (or some crumbly cheddar goat cheese)*
- Put everything into the blender except for olive oil and the second half of pine nuts. Start blending.*
- Slowly pour olive oil in. You might not have to use the whole portion of ½ cup.
- Open the blender and scrape the sides.
- Add the reserved ½ cup pine nuts and pulse a bit. Leave some chunkiness to the pesto.
*Add a bit of salt at a time. You need less than you’d think (trust me on this one).
*A blender works well for this recipe. But if you half the portion, you can make this pesto with mortar & pestle. It’s so much more satisfying that way, I think.
*You can add the cheese into the blending process or sprinkle some on top. Or both!